Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Teaser Tuesday (May 18): The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.



My teaser is from Rebecca Skloot's The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks:

"The cells were growing, but Mary didn't think much of it - other cells had survived for a while in the lab.  But Henrietta's cells weren't merely surviving, they were growing with mythological intensity." (page 40)

4 comments:

  1. Interesting teaser! I saw this book on someone else's teaser too. I'll have to look for the book now. My Tuesday Teaser is from Claire de Lune by Christine Johnson.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been hearing a lot about this one recently. Such an intriguing subject. Excellent teaser!
    Here's mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cells growing and seemingly growing out of control. Scary! Hadn't heard of this book. Now I have. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment! Even if I don't write back here, I always make time to visit you at your blog. Happy reading!