Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Teaser Tuesday: Olive Kitteridge by Elizabeth Strout

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.


 My teaser this week is from Olive Kitteridge by Elizabeth Strout:

"He was as much a stranger up here now as any tourist might be, and yet gazing back at the sun-sliced bay, he noted how familiar it felt; he had not expected that.  The salt air filled his nose, the wild rugosa bushes with their white blossoms brought him a vague confusion; a sense of sad ignorance seemed cloaked in their benign white petals." (page 31)

11 comments:

  1. I loved this book... and remember exactly which story your teaser comes from!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That feeling of familiarity can be a comfort at times

    I have two teasers this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice teaser! Nice imagery!

    My TT is here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the teaser. Will have to look for the book. My teaser is from Naamah's Curse by Jacqueline Carey.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks great! Hope you will check out my teaser on My Blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice! I'm yet to read Olive Kitteridge, but your teaser surely makes me get to it rather sooner than later.

    My teaser is here, if you want to take a look: http://abookblogofonesown.blogspot.com/2010/06/teaser-tuesday-picture-of-dorian-gray.html

    Greetings,
    Tiina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Teaser! My Teaser is here.

    Happy reading. :)

    xx,
    E.J.
    From the Shadows

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds almost sad. I like the writing. Hope you are enjoying the book. My TT and contest link can be found HERE

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do believe I have seen this book on other TT's! Must mean it's a good one - will have to write it down.
    Great teaser :)

    HERE is my teaser for this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. JoAnn - I'm glad you loved the book! I'm really enjoying it so far!

    Marg - I agree. Sometimes the familiar is comforting.

    Aimee - I love the imagery too. The whole book is written like this!

    Kathy, Alayne, Emma, Tiina, and Audrey - I hope you do get a chance to read it. The descriptions are beautiful.

    E.J. - Thanks! Happy reading to you too!

    Kaye - The book does seem sad, but the writing is gorgeous. I love the detailed descriptions she gives.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment! Even if I don't write back here, I always make time to visit you at your blog. Happy reading!