Thursday, March 25, 2010

Booking Through Thursday: March 25


Booking Through Thursday is a weekly meme about (mostly) books and reading.

Question:
Do you take breaks while reading a book? Or read it straight through? (And, by breaks, I don’t mean sleeping, eating and going to work; I mean putting it aside for a time while you read something else.)
 
Answer:
Until recently, I would have said straight through.  However, since I started reading Bill Bryson's  A Short History of Nearly Everything, I have started and finished two other books.  This is very unusual for me because once I start a book, I like to finish it before moving on to another.  It has nothing to do with not liking  A Short History of Nearly Everything either.  I really enjoy Bryson's writing.  I feel like I am revisiting science I already know while learning a whole lot more that I don't.  I think it's just that at the end of the day, I don't always feel like learning more.  I want to read something fun and escape for a while. 

Well, in the interest of wrapping this up, I think I'm usually a no breaks kind of girl.  Being nonfiction and broken into distinctive chapters, for me, A Short History of Nearly Everything lends itself to taking breaks, more so than a work of fiction ever would. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment! Even if I don't write back here, I always make time to visit you at your blog. Happy reading!