Monday, March 29, 2010

Thoughts: The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks

I read The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks last Thursday.  Last year, I kind of decided that I wouldn't read more Nicholas Sparks because I wanted happier endings!  Then, I started seeing previews for the movie version of The Last Song.  Unfortunately, it looked like something I wanted to see.  Eventually, I gave in and bought the book because if I was going to see the movie, I had to read the book first.  Anyways...

To my surprise, I actually enjoyed The Last Song by the time I finished reading it.  Sure, it won't become a classic, but it worked as a quick escape.  I had a hard time with the character Ronnie at first.  She annoyed be so badly that I was tempted to stop reading.  (It's kind of how I picture Miley Cyrus in real life.  She plays Ronnie in the movie.)  Of course, she evolved and got less annoying as the book progressed.  I don't want to give away the ending, but I was satisfied.  It seemed more real to me than some of his other books, like it would actually happen in real life.  Needless to say, I liked The Last Song much better than the last several Nicholas Sparks books I've read.

I'm planning on seeing the movie, so I'll post something about that later.  It comes out on Wednesday, March 31.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment! Even if I don't write back here, I always make time to visit you at your blog. Happy reading!