Monday, March 22, 2010

The Classics Challenge 2010


I am signing up for The Classics Challenge.  It runs April 1 - October 31, 2010.  Until I see how life goes these next months, for now I'm going to do the Classics Snack level, which is to read four classics.  I hope to only read from what I already own and haven't yet read, but I will allow myself to check out a book from the library if it strikes my fancy.  


Here are some potential selections:
Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll

Persuasion by Jane Austen
O Pioneers! by Willa Cather 
Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë
The Fellowship of the Ring by J.R.R. Tolkien
Brave New World by Aldous Huxley

Completed reads linked to my review:
Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll

There is also a bonus in this challenge to read a book that will likely be a future classic.  I think I can handle that.  A list is being compiled on the challenge blog.  Since I own and have been wanting to read The Poisonwood Bible and The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society, I will choose one of those for the bonus.

(updated September 4, 2010)

1 comment:

  1. I have the Poisonwood Bible on my list for this challenge too! Looking forward to reading it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment! Even if I don't write back here, I always make time to visit you at your blog. Happy reading!