(This is the first review I've ever written, so bear with me while I figure out my style for the blog. I was always good at writing papers in English in school, but this is a completely different way of writing. I'm looking forward to seeing where it takes me!)
I finished Joanne Fluke's Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder yesterday. I checked it out of my local library while I was home for spring break. Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder is the first book in the Hannah Swensen mystery series. Hannah owns a bakery called The Cookie Jar. Her police officer brother-in-law allows her to do some snooping after she finds a local man murdered in the alley behind her shop.
I picked up this book because I saw on goodreads that it was similar to Janet Evanovich's Stephenie Plum series (which I adore!) and I wanted some fun reading for break. Having read the entire Stephenie Plum series multiple times, I am always looking for a similar series. While not as good the Stephenie Plum series, I enjoyed reading Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder. It was light and quick. Perhaps one of the best parts is that recipes are included throughout the book. Since I love new recipes, especially dessert recipes, I found that aspect very appealing. I wrote several of them down to try.
I guess I need to figure out a rating system for the blog, but I gave Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder 3 out of 5 stars on goodreads. Basically, I liked it well enough, but I didn't love it. I am interested in reading some more of the series in the future to see how the characters develop. I'm leaving myself open to the possibility that my fondness for the series could increase.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment! Even if I don't write back here, I always make time to visit you at your blog. Happy reading!