Friday, August 27, 2010

Book Blogger Hop

The Book Blogger Hop is hosted by Jennifer at Crazy-for-Books.

Book Blogger Hop

This week's question comes from:
Books Are A Girl's Best Friend

Do you use a rating system for your reviews and if so, what is it and why?
 
This is my first Book Blogger Hop and this week's question comes at the perfect time for me.  I just decided to start adding ratings to my posts.  I haven't specifically listed what my ratings mean yet, but they are going to be based on how much I enjoyed reading the book.  I'm going to use 1 - 5, with 5 meaning that I loved what I was reading and probably wanted to start rereading it immediately!  I've seen so many cute and unique rating systems on other blogs.  Maybe I will come up with something a little more creative, but for now I think it's best to keep it simple. 

Happy Hopping!
 - Kelly

10 comments:

  1. Welcome to the hop! I use a similar rating, it helps keep me on track when I'm writing my reviews! I see you got Mockingjay in the mail recently and I just adore that series. I'm sad it's over, but it will always be one of my favorites. Glad to have found your blog, I'm a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found you on the hop. I've just got a 5 star rating system. I'd love something cute & creative but simple won out. I'm now following you.
    Kathy
    I Am A Reader, Not a Writer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your first hop!
    I have only done it a few times myself...You have a nice blog here. I enjoyed your review of Olive Kitteridge...I've heard mixed reactions, but most agree with you about the sadness..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thought I'd hop by. Cute blog! :]

    I saw your post about books you've yet to read, and I must say, you just have to try The Bell Jar, The Catcher in the Rye, The Lovely Bones, The Scarlet Letter, and Wuthering Heights. They're all pretty wonderful.

    Hope you have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to the Hop :-)
    I really liked your review of Olive K. It's been on my TBR shelf for a while now and can't seem to get in the mood to read it.

    ~Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, love the name of your blog and the quotes! I am a new follower :) I hope you have a great weekend.

    Danielle @ everylastpage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome to the Hop! I like the simple 5 star system---it's what I use. When it gets too complicated, it's hard to keep up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome to your first hop! I'm a new follower. Happy hopping!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi there just stopping by from the hop and welcome to the hop. I like the look of your blog and I am a new follower. Have a great Sunday!

    bookbee

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree with you about the whole simple rating system. I'm sticking with a 1-5 scale for now but I'm not closing myself to the possibility of a more creative one in the future!

    I am also a fellow new Hopper. :D Have an awesome weekend, by the way!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment! Even if I don't write back here, I always make time to visit you at your blog. Happy reading!