Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Teaser Tuesday: The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.




This week's teaser comes from The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie by Alan Bradley.


"I detected instantly that she didn't like me.  It's a fact of life that a girl can tell in a flash if another girl likes her." (page 85)

6 comments:

  1. Ain't that the truth? I keep reading differing opinions of this book - either people love it or hate it. I hope you're enjoying it. :-)
    Here's my teaser

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good teaser! And pretty true, too, I guess. Hope you enjoy the book. I just finished it - still gathering my thoughts for a review, but in general I think I liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so true. good teaser.

    a little late but here's mine plus a giveaway of The Slap by Christos Tsiolkas, longlisted for the 2010 Booker prize.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also love Flavia. She's such a unique character. I'm not sure that I love the book as a whole, but I'm glad I'm reading it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment! Even if I don't write back here, I always make time to visit you at your blog. Happy reading!