Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and The Bookish.
Top Ten Words I Love (in no particular order):
- egregious - "extraordinary in some bad way; glaring; flagrant" - I use this word as often as I can use it appropriately. I have always loved it.
- minion - "a servile follower or subordinate of a person in power" - Let's be honest; who hasn't thought about having some minions running around to do their bidding? Oh wait, maybe it's just me. :)
- conspicuous - "easily seen or noticed; readily visible or observable" - I have a thing for amateur sleuths and their stories. This word seems necessary to any sort of sleuthing.
- schnapps - "any strong, dry spirit" - I'm not much of a drinker, but I enjoy saying this word.
- ambiguous - "open to or having several possible meanings or interpretations" - If I had to choose one word to describe my future right now, this would probably be it.
- vortex - "something regarded as drawing into its powerful current everything that surrounds it" - Do you have a word that just makes you laugh every time you hear it? This is that word for me.
- diaphragm - "the partition separating the thoracic cavity from the abdominal cavity in mammals" - Hiccups? No way. It's much more interesting to call them a spasm of the diaphragm.
- superfluous - "being more than is sufficient or required; excessive" - What is not to love about saying this word?
- aficionado - "an ardent devotee; fan, enthusiast" - It feels so much more sophisticated to call oneself an aficionado and it's fun to say.
- drawl - "to say or speak in a slow manner, usually prolonging the vowels" - I'm a sucker for a sweet Southern drawl.
All definitions from Dictionary.com.

I agree, being called an aficionado sounds much better than being called a fan. Great list!
ReplyDeleteLove your list. And, yes, I've often wanted minions.
ReplyDeleteLove the list! Superfluous is a great word I forgot about!
ReplyDeletesuperfluous gets the thumbs up
ReplyDeleteDefinitely love superfluous! Good list :)
ReplyDeleteVoretex is a awesome word!
ReplyDeleteI can't see the word "minion" now without thinking of that Despicable Me movie. I didn't even see it, but I now automatically associate with those little yellow henchmen...
ReplyDeleteI'm going to start using egregious and superfluous more often...but not to the point where I become egregiously superfluous.
ReplyDelete