Monday, September 12, 2011

Next Few Weeks = A Year???

I can do math and tell time.  I promise!  When I said I was taking a break for "the next few weeks," I truly meant it.  I did not expect to stay away from this blog for a year.  The longer I went without posting, the harder it became to jump back in.  And here we are.  In September.

Obviously, I've still been reading.  But I've come to miss writing about what I'm reading.  I especially miss hearing about the great books that other people are reading.  I discovered so many books this way and I probably wouldn't have heard about them otherwise.  

I found some posts that I had started, but I can't remember exactly what I wanted to say about those books now.  And that is why I need to start again - so I can look back and know what I read and how it made me feel.  From now on, this will be a scrapbook of sorts.  A place for me.  No pressure.  It will keep my thoughts organized and track my reading.  I will probably include some non-bookish content as well.  I want this blog to work for me.  However, my focus will be on reading. 

I plan to do some "while I was away" posts to get back into the swing of things.  I also want to tinker with the look and layout.  It is so exciting to rejoin the wonderful book blogging community and see what others are reading and discussing.  I'm happy to begin documenting my journey with books at Destination Well-Read again.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment! Even if I don't write back here, I always make time to visit you at your blog. Happy reading!